The COVID pandemic has changed the school landscape drastically and has presented multiple challenges to governments, schools, and families.
According to the CDC, "Students benefit from in-person learning, and safely returning to in-person instruction in the fall 2021 is a priority." We promise to do our utmost to promote health and safety by implementing the following prevention strategies, as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control.
- All staff on our campus has been fully vaccinated. We recommend that every eligible adult and student who is part of our school community be vaccinated at their first opportunity.
- Consistent use of masks by staff and students. We will provide two cloth masks to each student which can be washed and worn each day.
- Distancing between students of one meter.
- Screening of symptomatic staff and students, to the degree that Mission Lazarus has testing available.
- Maximum utilization of natural ventilation throughout campus.
- Handwashing and respiratory etiquette (covering mouth when coughing/sneezing)
- Staying home when sick
- Cleaning and disinfection of common surfaces
At Lazarus Academy, our students and staff always come first.